Thursday, June 28, 2007

Teachers, let's get started!

Dear Teachers,
We need a blog page. And here it is. A place where we can vent, scream, suggest, advise, encourage, and be real people. A place where we can share the best lesson plans ever, the best resources, the best authors, the best young adolescents/children's books. A place where first year teachers and experienced teachers can come together as one community and share, share, share! So what do you want to talk aka blog about? I am starting my ninth year of teaching and every year I feel like a first year teacher all over again! I'm overwhelmed and simply can't keep up with all the current changes in education. I currently teach 6th grade language arts in a middle school setting. I have taught every grade from 6th grade to 12th grade with the exception of 9th grade --no thank you!! ha! I have even taught one year in a preschool--had a lot of laughs there. I am an English teacher and mostly focus on writing--don't even get me started unless you really want to hear about it. At the current moment I don't have the energy to express myself on that matter. Maybe, another blog.
I hope you read this and take off with commenting and sharing what ever you've got!
Your fellow online colleague,
Jteach

3 comments:

SJ said...

Dear Jteach,

It's really great to learn that there is a place for teachers to vent and scream! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. keep us updated!!!

best of luck,
future teacher

Mimi said...

Hi Jteach,
Thanks for your comment and compliments!! I hope I don't disappoint...

And I love your idea too. I teach first grade and am moving to second grade next year. I am always interested in new ideas for reading language arts instruction. Our school has been following the Teachers College Reading/Writing Project and I'm ready for some new ideas to supplement...

Anyway, together our blogs cover everything from the practical to the ridiculous aspects of teaching.

Good lukc and I'll check back in soon!!

Mimi

Dr Pezz said...

So, what is the first topic for discussion? :)